Our guest, Pablo Pantaleoni, is an economist and entrepreneur, and he is the CEO and Co-founder of Medtep. He's worked for banks and brokering firms, specializing in international markets. He also has worked for the United Nations, GSMA, Morgan Stanley, IBM and Cisco Systems. In his second year at University, he founded his very first startup, which was an online platform for young European students offering a personalized search for places to live, language courses and internships. That business expanded to more than 40 cities in 14 different European countries. At the end, he decided to sell the company in order to finish his studies.
In 2011 he founded Medtep with his co-founder Jacob Suñol. Medtep is focused on facilitating lasting behavioral change by personalizing validated prevention and treatment plans. Clinics, patients, pharmaceutical and insurance companies all over the world use the platform. Pablo, has been recognized in the 30 Under 30 in healthcare by Forbes magazine in their 2016 edition.
Pablo is passionate about developing young entrepreneurs and he is the president of a non-profit organization with that aim.
In today’s episode we cover:
- How his experience and drive as an entrepreneur got him involved in disrupting healthcare
- How Medtep got started with their online product in 2012 by focusing on customers in private clinics
- How Medtep engages customers and avoids pilots
- Why they chose to move the company from Barcelona to San Francisco
- How his company is embracing international opportunities while some US competitors are focusing on the US exclusively
- The challenges of developing distributed/multi-national teams as a startup
- How the sales process is key to overcoming challenges and friction when getting started
- Best advice: “Build a life where you don’t have to escape - one that you enjoy every day."
- Recommended book: Zero to One by Peter Thiel (View This)
- Recommended App: What's App (View This)
- Selected Charity: EURORDIS - Rare Diseases Europe (http://www.eurordis.org/)
More information and Links:
- Follow Medtep on Twitter @medtep
- Follow Pablo Pantaleoni on Twitter @pablopanta
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
"In this episode, I'm excited to introduce you to yet another outstanding health innovation leader who is hosting another new show on Digital Health Today. His degrees are in engineering …
In this episode, I have the pleasure of introducing you to one of the health sectors leading innovators, and probably one of the best known and, dare I say it, most loved, leaders I’ve had …
In this episode I welcome two executives from Bayer G4A. Bayer G4A has been a longtime sponsor of Digital Health Today. I caught up with Dominick Kennerson, Global Head G4A, Digital Health …
Imagine this: You’re the founder of a digital health startup. You’ve been carefully selected and invited to participate in a brand new accelerator in …
If you’ve been tuned into nearly any news channel recently, you’ve probably seen the announcement by Akili about the clearance they announced on June 15 for their product EndeavorRX. It is …
For this special Coffee Talk, I invited Sophie Park, Chief Strategist for Bayer G4A Partnerships to discuss the opportunities for innovative companies to grow and partner with a global …