Our guest, Pablo Pantaleoni, is an economist and entrepreneur, and he is the CEO and Co-founder of Medtep. He's worked for banks and brokering firms, specializing in international markets. He also has worked for the United Nations, GSMA, Morgan Stanley, IBM and Cisco Systems. In his second year at University, he founded his very first startup, which was an online platform for young European students offering a personalized search for places to live, language courses and internships. That business expanded to more than 40 cities in 14 different European countries. At the end, he decided to sell the company in order to finish his studies.
In 2011 he founded Medtep with his co-founder Jacob Suñol. Medtep is focused on facilitating lasting behavioral change by personalizing validated prevention and treatment plans. Clinics, patients, pharmaceutical and insurance companies all over the world use the platform. Pablo, has been recognized in the 30 Under 30 in healthcare by Forbes magazine in their 2016 edition.
Pablo is passionate about developing young entrepreneurs and he is the president of a nonprofit organization with that aim.
In today’s episode we cover:
- How his experience and drive as an entrepreneur got him involved in disrupting healthcare
- How Medtep got started with their online product in 2012 by focusing on customers in private clinics
- How Medtep engages customers and avoids pilots
- Why they chose to move the company from Barcelona to San Francisco
- How his company is embracing international opportunities while some US competitors are focusing on the US exclusively
- The challenges of developing distributed/multi-national teams as a startup
- How the sales process is key to overcoming challenges and friction when getting started
- Best advice: “Build a life where you don’t have to escape - one that you enjoy every day."
- Recommended book: Zero to One by Peter Thiel (View This)
- Recommended App: What's App (View This)
- Selected Charity: EURORDIS - Rare Diseases Europe (http://www.eurordis.org/)
More information and Links:
- Follow Medtep on Twitter @medtep
- Follow Pablo Pantaleoni on Twitter @pablopanta
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
In this episode, we speak with Robert Cohen, VP of Global R&D, Chief Technology Officer at Stryker Joint Replacement. Stryker is one of …
In this episode, we hear from Molly K. McCarthy MBA, BSN, RN-BC. Molly is the National Director, US Provider Industry and Chief Nursing …
The DOCSF meeting is a great way to get geared up before #JPM Week in San Francisco. Now in its fourth year, the Digital Orthopedics Conference, San Francisco, is organized by Prof Stefano …
Building a technology company is hard. Building one that serves the needs of consumers and works within the constraints of healthcare? …
Depression affects over 300 million people world-wide. In this episode, we dive into the work being done to develop personalized solutions …
Needs-based innovation with Marta Zanchi, PhD.
Marta is originally from Italy and spent 13 years at Stanford University, first …